The Philip Hulitar Inpatient Center
A special place for your loved one.
The 24-bed Philip Hulitar Inpatient Center at 1085 North Main Street in Providence is truly a special place where individuals at the end of life receive compassionate care and are respected and valued. In addition to 24-hour individualized care and emotional support from an exceptional group of clinicians, patients at the Philip Hulitar Inpatient Center have access to all of Home & Hospice Care of Rhode Island's hospice and palliative care services.
Home & Hospice Care of Rhode Island's Philip Hulitar Inpatient Center is the only freestanding inpatient provider of hospice care in Rhode Island. This facility is designed to ensure that individuals with life-limiting illnesses who are not able to return to their own homes feel safe, comfortable and at ease. The inpatient center offers only private rooms, thereby providing patients a more restful stay with fewer intrusions.
The Philip Hulitar Inpatient Center is ideal for individuals who:
- Need short-term inpatient care after leaving the hospital to manage symptoms before they return home
- Have been at home, but need short-term inpatient stay to address pain and symptom management issues
- Require a higher level of pain and symptom management than can be achieved at home
- No longer benefit from hospital care, but have a need for care that cannot be met in another setting
- Do not have an adequate family or support system to manage symptoms in the final days of life
For more information about the Philip Hulitar Inpatient Center, please call the admissions/referral center at 401-782-0725.